This is True is a weekly e-mail newsletter
"How did he get so popular so fast?
Well, for one thing, he writes funny stuff."
—New York Times
which reports on bizarre-but-true
news items from legitimate news outlets from around the world. Each story ends with a comment — a tagline which is humorous, ironic or opinionated (or with luck, some combination of the three). Sign up for stories of human weirdness sent to you each week for free.
Subscribe Here for Fresh Content Every Week:
Get a free subscription above to our weekly newletter with weird-but-true stories like...
- A man sued his doctor because he survived his cancer longer than the doctor predicted.
- Two robbers were in the process of their crime when one changed his mind and arrested the other.
- A woman had her husband's ashes made into an egg timer when he died so he could still "help" in the kitchen.
- Only 68 of 200 Anglican priests polled could name all Ten Commandments, but half said they believed in space aliens.
Subscribe Free in the box above. Or
Click here for story samples or
here to continue to a menu of more details.
New: This is True book collections. Click cover for details.
Of course, every issue includes a link to easily unsubscribe should you decide at any time to quit.
Why should I subscribe?
True's mission is to provoke thought through social commentary. But if readers aren't entertained by the stories, they won't read very many. So its vehicle is weird-but-true news from legitimate news sources from around the world. The result spans the gamut of the crazy things we humans think we can get away with: this collection of jaw-dropping examples of the human thought process, and the realization that we can do better — a lot better!
This site also has an extensive weird news archive, an active and
thought-provoking blog (latest entry: Transpositions
), and quite a
number of sister sites such as Jumbo Joke,
and our educational Spam Primer.
So spend some time looking around: there's a lot of fun stuff that has been added since 1994! But be sure to subscribe free in the box above — your e-mail privacy has been our strict policy since 1994.
Most Popular Pages
The 10 most-popular pages on this site this week:
- Losing my Tolerance for "Zero Tolerance"
- The Weight of the Evidence
- Moonlite Bunny Ranch
- Two Teen Tales
- Robbing Peter to Pay Paul
- Politics and Tibet
- Sorry You Weren't Offended
- Beauty and the Beast
- A Friend in Need
More Most Popular